0

The Last First Day

Posted by Jenn on 1:58 PM in , ,
So, today was the first day of my last semester at GCCC.
Needless to say I was scared, anxious, nervous, and a whole bunch of other emotions and a monster wasn't helping the situation at all. Haha.

But once I got to the campus and into my first class, public speaking of all things, I felt a little better even though I did not know anyone. Then someone I actually knew came in and sat beside me. Talk about a relief! The teacher was nice. Her name was Mrs. Jackson, and yes she sang the song. :P We played two truths and a lie. I lied that I was an only child. Which I kinda am...but anyway. I'm dealthy afraid of talking in front of people but hopefully this class will help me get over that fear.

(Funny thing, I've already conquered some fears this year. Maybe this is the year to break out of my shell!)


Then it was on to my second class, statistics, which acutually is spelled D-E-A-T-H. No really! Haha. I'm not at all good with math so I must admit I was unnerved at the thought of crunching numbers for a grade. Last time that happened I pulled out a C by the skin of my teeth. But this teacher actually made it semi-fun and understandable. Plus he only gives passing grades. How cool is that?


I am glad to be moving on after this semseter.
This town has a lot of corruption and secrets, plus a lot of memories that I do not care to remember. Everytime I think about stuff it makes me sick, literally.
This place is such a part of me but there are still parts that I'd like to let go of permanetly.


Let's just hope this semester is a good one and a precursor to things to come. :)




0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Confessions of an Addict All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.